Zum Inhalt springen

Amplifier power cable in a CX

giuffre

Empfohlene Beiträge

I am not sure, maybe it depends on the seize and if the car already got air condition. If not then their might be a chance next to the ventilator under the spare wheel where the air condition hoses normally use to be. Otherwise underneath the spare wheel also would be the best choice to drill a hole. I did it there on my series 1 CX to connect the whole main cables to amperemeters, close to the bolts and nuts of the lower dashboard cover. 

Another choice would be underneath the body, following the chassis and get inside through a covered hole there on the floor.

Bearbeitet von Manson

Thank you, I also came to the same conclusion, this forum is a wealth of knowledge so I thought I'd ask. Maybe someone did it? It's a S2 Douvrin with air conditioning. The cable is 4awg, 7mm outer diameter.

11 minutes ago, Manson said:

Otherwise underneath the spare wheel also would be the best choice to drill a hole. I did it there on my series 1 CX to connect the whole main cables to amperemeters, close to the bolts and nuts of the lower dashboard cover. 

Did you drill it on the horizontal or vertical part under the spare wheel?

18 minutes ago, Manson said:

Another choice would be underneath the body, following the chassis and get inside through a covered hole there on the floor.

That crossed my mind but I wouldn't feel comfortable exposing the live wire to the elements and water splashing.

18 minutes ago, giuffre said:

Did you drill it on the horizontal or vertical part under the spare wheel?

horizontal, direct under the windshield. There are the bolts which hold the lower dashboard cover. Be careful, at series 2 there might be a lot of cables and the fuse box - left hand or right hand drive? Right hand drive might be easier in that case ;)

Drilling close to the bolts keeps the cable away from the spare wheel. Take a look, i can't atm, my both CX are not at my place and i write this all from memory decades ago. ....and i have no clue what's all benath the dashboard of a series 2 ;) You surely need to remove the lower dashboard cover on the left side of the car. Oh, the interieur of series 2 is plastic, i'm not sure if the assembling is the same as in series 1 but the screwholes should be visible in the damping mat, i doubt there have been changes in the bodywork.

Bearbeitet von Manson

I did it without drilling 20yrs ago, I think there was a hole on the right side in the middle tunnel behind the air intake manifold and climate condenser (left when standing in front of the car), about 10cm from where the climate condenser tubes go in.. I had that all out anyway, so it was easy.

large.ohweh.jpg.dbb497e1902bc8218e0da3069de5b9ee.jpg

Bearbeitet von LCX25H
  • Like 1

Actually, thinking about left- and righthand drive ....maybe there is a cover for the steering, in most cars that are sold in big numbers in UK, the bodywork is build to fit the steering without too many obstacles ....but i can't remember how it looked like in a CX, too long ago.

Just as I feared, the series 2 is brittle at this age, I'd like to avoid dismantling. It's left hand drive. I'll try to find the mentioned holes or I'll just drill the firewall under the dash. Thank you for the answers.

Bearbeitet von giuffre

Series 2 has a computer under the glove box in front of the passenger's feet. Maybe there is a possibility to add your cable to the grommet for this computer, or you may drill your hole just beside it.

Job done, no problem, there are holes with grommets behind the LHM jar and the washer fluid jar, accessible from the fuse compartment or with dismantled glovebox. Being a stripper 20RE blanking plate special helps too, especially at this age 🙂 Thanks everyone for the help.

Bearbeitet von giuffre
  • Like 1